A little bit of art...

Textile designer specialising in embroidery currently studying at Falmouth University.

Colour inspiration

Final production piece exhibition. The bottom half is made up of 72 hand knitted triangles made up of iridescent sequins. This took a loooooong time

Final production piece exhibition. The bottom half is made up of 72 hand knitted triangles made up of iridescent sequins. This took a loooooong time

A flowing iridescence… For this project I decided to focus on knit, using iridescent dagger beads to create a piece if fabric that could be used as a crop top.

Cute little tags I used to label my samples, done by hammering flowers.

Cute little tags I used to label my samples, done by hammering flowers.

Looped ribbons with natural dyed wools surrounding on an eco printed background.

Looped ribbons with natural dyed wools surrounding on an eco printed background.

Embroidery using naturally dyed wools (blueberries) and ribbons, stitched onto an eco printed background.

Embroidery using naturally dyed wools (blueberries) and ribbons, stitched onto an eco printed background.

Curled flowers created using a flower loom with a fine wool. They were then pulled together and sewn onto a background of eco printed silk organza. The thought behind this sample was wilting flowers.

Curled flowers created using a flower loom with a fine wool. They were then pulled together and sewn onto a background of eco printed silk organza. The thought behind this sample was wilting flowers.

A piece of embroidery created using ribbons and soft wools and cottons. Backing fabric of shibori

A piece of embroidery created using ribbons and soft wools and cottons. Backing fabric of shibori

For this piece, I dried some flowers and couched them onto a piece of silk. The silk has been eco printed, capped into triangles and over dyed with indigo. 

For this piece, I dried some flowers and couched them onto a piece of silk. The silk has been eco printed, capped into triangles and over dyed with indigo. 

Eco printed silk (and silk organza) that I then burnt and made into flower petals. My main concept behind this sample was looking into global warming, i.e. BURNING THINGS!
Backing fabric is wool that has been eco printed using blueberries and a collection of other flowers

Eco printed silk (and silk organza) that I then burnt and made into flower petals. My main concept behind this sample was looking into global warming, i.e. BURNING THINGS!

Backing fabric is wool that has been eco printed using blueberries and a collection of other flowers

A shibori dyed fabric (silk) with some flower stitching created by using a large looped chain stitch.
Here I was just looking at placement and backing fabrics

A shibori dyed fabric (silk) with some flower stitching created by using a large looped chain stitch.

Here I was just looking at placement and backing fabrics

Some more eco printing samples. I experimented with 4 different fabrics, wool delaine, wool, silk organza and silk. I have loads more experiments to upload soon! 

Some more eco printing samples. I experimented with 4 different fabrics, wool delaine, wool, silk organza and silk. I have loads more experiments to upload soon! 

An eco dye (done by steaming flowers so the colour prints onto fabric).
Using blueberries and carnations (red & yellow)

An eco dye (done by steaming flowers so the colour prints onto fabric).

Using blueberries and carnations (red & yellow)

20:20 vision - The preservation of Nature
A project about predating a future trend. Wanting to focus on the preservation of nature, I look into different ways to natural dye as well as capturing the delicacy and colours of flowers.
Above - Eco print onto wool delaine using blueberries and collected flowers. Then capped and indigo dyed on top.

20:20 vision - The preservation of Nature

A project about predating a future trend. Wanting to focus on the preservation of nature, I look into different ways to natural dye as well as capturing the delicacy and colours of flowers.

Above - Eco print onto wool delaine using blueberries and collected flowers. Then capped and indigo dyed on top.

We were then given another project called Design Toolbox, teaching us how to create collections dependant on season for either fashion or interiors. We were taught A LOT about colour palettes, design layout and presentation.

This is one of my final designs.

We were then given another project called Design Toolbox, teaching us how to create collections dependant on season for either fashion or interiors. We were taught A LOT about colour palettes, design layout and presentation.

This is one of my final designs.